Thursday 28 July 2016

Drum Recording

Today I recorded drums in Studio 1 at UH for 'If Only You Were Real' and 'Falling Star', two tracks that I'll be submitting for my Final Project.

I used less microphones than I would normally do, partly because there were not enough mic stands available, partly because lately I've changed my mindset in the sense that I'm trying to not use more mics when less will do the job.

Mic list:
Overheads: AKG C414 spaced pair
Kick: AKG D112
Snare: Shure SM57
Toms: Sennheiser MD421 x 3

Usually, to this I would have added a snare bottom, a kick out, a hi-hat spot and a pair of room mics.
Another thing I did differently to last time I recorded in Studio 1 is that I recorded onto Logic (I normally record in Pro Tools). However, the rest of my project is in Logic, so it made sense to keep everything in the same DAW. Now onto editing!





No comments:

Post a Comment